Monday 2 November 2009

Sage Sohier interview on FeatureShoot.com


FeatureShoot: Your Perfectible Worlds series (and monograph) features people with odd jobs, hobbies, and preoccupations. How did you go about finding and photographing the subjects for this series and how long do you spend with your subjects before pulling out the camera?

Sage Sohier: For “Perfectible Worlds,” I found my subjects mainly through word-of-mouth. I told all my friends, acquaintances, and people I met what I was working on. I also researched online – looking up hobby clubs, and e-mailing people about what I was doing. Many of the people I photographed knew other people, and so a network evolved. I usually spent half an hour to an hour talking to people and looking at their creations before beginning to photograph. Sometimes more than half my time was spent in this way’.

Read more here

No comments:

Post a Comment